For Christmas day, there’s nothing like Monster Cookies, the best in over-indulgent cookies. I found the recipe five years ago in Paula Deen & Friends: Living It Up, Southern Style. I made them for the cookie exchange at work that year, and have returned to the recipe whenever I want the perfect treat. Monster Cookies are the twenty-fifth of my 25 Cookies of Christmas.
- 3 eggs
- 1¼ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 12-ounce jar creamy peanut butter
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup M&M’s
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4½ cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs and sugars in large mixing bowl.
- Add salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Add baking soda and oatmeal, combining well.
- Stir in M&M’s, chocolate chips, and raisins.
- Drop cookies onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Be careful not to overbake.
- Let cool 3 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in tightly covered container.
Time Required: 45 minutes
Servings: about 3 dozen