The taste of cheeseburgers in a simple appetizer, what more could you ask for? From the Taste of Home site (original here), the note with the recipe explains, “A friend first brought these snacks to a Sunday school party. The original recipe called for pork sausage, but I substituted ground beef with taste-tempting results. – Pam Buhr, Mexico, Missouri.” Mini Crescent Burgers are the fifth of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in cheese and soup mix; set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each triangle in half lengthwise, forming two triangles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the beef mixture along the wide end of each triangle.
- Roll up; place pointed side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mini Crescent Burgers can be assembled up to 2 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- Mix in some bacon bits for Mini Crescent Bacon Cheeseburgers.
Time Required: 45 minutes