We first encountered this chocolatey snack mix at Girl Scout camp, many years ago. These days you can buy a bag of Chex-branded Muddy Buddies in the store, but it’s not quite the same as making it yourself. Since it’s a Girl Scout camp recipe, it’s kid-friendly. Expect a fun, chocolatey mess and giggles! Muddy Buddies is the second of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Crispix, or Rice Krispies
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- Melt together the chocolate chips, peanut butter and vanilla over medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add cereal and mix until well coated.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until coated.