This dessert is essentially a chunk of apple wrapped with a strip of pie crust. What made me decide to copy it was the use of a can of Mountain Dew. This one might be interesting to try. I modified the recipe to use Pillsbury dough. The original is from the Schwan’s website.
- 1 Pillsbury pizza crust or roll of pie dough
- 4 Granny Smith apples, cored & quartered
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tap cinnamon
- 1 can (12oz) Mountain Dew® , soft drink
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Roll crust into a 12 to 14 inch circle.
- Cut crust, pizza style, into 16 equal triangles.
- Place apples on larger end of triangles and roll up.
- Arrange dumplings in 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour or brush butter evenly over dumplings and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Pour soft drink over dumplings.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- The Schwan’s recipe uses a pizza dough crust.
Time Required: 55 minutes