I’m nearly certain this salad is one of those dishes that can’t really be as good for you as the word “salad” might trick you into thinking. For some reason though, it looks good to me. I have no idea why, but I’m saving it for that day when I finally give in and try it. The original is from the Schwan’s website.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 cups Green Peas, prepared and chilled
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 6 slices Fully Cooked Bacon Slices, prepared and chopped
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Blend mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar to make dressing.
- Stir together dressing, peas, onions and cheese.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce topped with bacon and peanuts
- I’d simplify the recipe by just using 2 or 3 tablespoons of bacon bits.
- You could like substitute a favorite prepared dressing for the mayonnaise and vinegar here. I’m thinking Ranch would work nicely.
Time Required: 30 minutes