This Taste of Home recipe (original here) is a simple dip with a homemade taste. The note with the recipe explains, “Give this recipe a try if you’re looking for a deliciously different dip to serve with crackers, potato chips or vegetables. Ranch salad dressing adds a little zest.” Bacon Cheddar Dip is the twentieth of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- 2 cups (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 to 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Crackers and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, cheddar cheese, salad dressing mix and bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.