Every Christmas, for as long as I can remember, Mama has made these cheese balls. I’m not sure when the tradition started, but I know it cannot be Christmas until these are made and chilling in the refrigerator. So today, in honor of my Mom’s birthday, here is her recipe for Cheese Ball, the nineteenth of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- 2 jars Kraft Old English Cheese or 16 oz Kakauna sharp cheese
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese (one block)
- Small container of Bleu Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Pecans, chopped
- Wet a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with granulated garlic.
- Place cheeses in the bowl, and allow to sit and warm for about one hour.
- Once cheeses have softened, mix well.
- Form balls and roll in chopped pecans.
- Add a cherry to the center, top.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Serve on crackers (we usually use Wheat Thins) or cocktail rye bread.