Here’s a tasty appetizer from Betty Crocker (original here) that you can make ahead and freeze. Just pop them out of the freezer and bake them as needed. They’re great to have on hand for last-minute snacks. Spinach-Cheese Balls are the seventeenth of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients, except pasta sauce.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove from pan. Serve with pasta sauce.