From the Pillsbury site (original here), this appetizer is all about clever assembly. There’s no cooking involved! As the note with the recipe explains, “Plant a forest of pita bread trees on your table in less than 30 minutes by topping wedges with store-bought guacamole.” Pita Tree Appetizers are the seventh of my 25 Appetizers of Christmas.
- Cut each pita fold into 8 wedges.
- Insert pretzel stick half into center of bottom of each wedge to form “tree trunk.”
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, guacamole, parsley and garlic-pepper blend.
- Spread about 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture on each pita wedge.
- Blot bell pepper with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Sprinkle about ¼ teaspoon bell pepper on each wedge or arrange to form a garland.
- If desired, cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
- For variety, use cilantro in place of the parsley.
- If you have time, make your own guacamole. Simply mash a ripe avocado and throw in a dash of salt, lime juice and chopped garlic.
Time Required: 25 minutes
Servings: 32 appetizers