Here’s another recipe I discovered during the Food Network Thanksgiving shows a few years ago. During the show where Paula makes this casserole, she says it’s not Thanksgiving unless it’s on the table (original here).
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed crackers
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs.
- Mix well with a metal spoon.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.
- We’ve also tried this recipe with Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup and with Cheddar Cheese soup to vary the taste.
- Add some chopped chicken or turkey for a main dish.