Here’s a cute biscuit that makes me think I’ll consider Jack’o’lanterns for Thanksgiving. How could you not want to make such cute biscuits? The photo and the recipe are from the Betty Crocker website (original here).
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Stir baking mix, sweet potatoes, water and sugar until soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto surface dusted with baking mix; gently roll in baking mix to coat.
- Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
- Shape dough into 12 balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Insert round end of cashew into top of each ball.
- Make face of pumpkin by inserting raisins for eyes and nose in side of each ball.
- Mix egg and food color; brush over pumpkins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.