This recipe came with a 5-can package of Member’s Mark chicken breast from Sam’s Club. It’s a simple, fast soup that’s perfect for a chilly evening—and it could easily sit in a crockpot on low a few hours if you prefer.
- 2 cans drained chicken breast, 13 oz.
- 1 can enchilada sauce, 15 oz.
- 1 can evaporated milk, 12 oz.
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed, 15 oz.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, 10.5 oz.
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup, 10.75 oz.
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat on medium until the soup is hot, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, shredded cheddar, and sliced black olives, if desired.
- The original recipe called for pinto beans. Mom isn’t a fan, so we chose black beans. Any bean would really work—pinto, black, kidney, whatever you prefer.
- The original recipe also used Nacho Cheese Soup, instead of Cheddar Cheese Soup. Our nearest Kroger doesn’t carry Nacho Cheese anymore, so we substituted Cheddar Cheese Soup. Those who wanted a spicier soup just added a dash of hot sauce.