This recipe from Campbell’s (original online) is fast and simple. The site explains, “This hearty and flavorful soup is so easy to make…simply mix the ingredients in a slow cooker and let it do the work for you. And to make it even better, stir in Cheddar just before serving and top with a sprinkle of chives.”
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 4 soup cans milk 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into
- 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- Stir the bacon, onion, soup, milk, black pepper, potatoes and 1/4 cup chives in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chives.