I love everything about this recipe. I often buy similar frozen meals, ready for the microwave. This recipe from Campbell’s (original online) makes a satisfying, homemade version that is even better than those microwave meals.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
- 1 3/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 1 bag (about 16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 3 large carrots, sliced (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Spray a 5-quart slow cooker with the cooking spray.
- Place the rice in the slow cooker.
- Layer the chicken, 1 cup cheese, broccoli, carrots, soups and the remaining cheese on top of the rice.
- Pour the water around the edges of the slow cooker and do not stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Stir the rice and vegetables before serving.