This recipe from Campbell’s (original online) “features a creamy sauce flavored with balsamic vinegar…and in just 40 minutes, you’ve got steak, veggies and potatoes ready to serve.”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small red pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 bag (about 7 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Hot mashed potatoes
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Remove the beef from the skillet.
- Pour off any fat.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Stir the soup, water, vinegar and rosemary in the skillet and heat to a boil.
- Return the beef to the skillet.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Cover and cook the beef for 2 minutes for medium or until desired doneness.
- Serve the beef and vegetable mixture with the potatoes.