A recipe from the May 2010 issue of All You (original not available online). The article highlights the recipe as a “dinner under $10” and credits the recipe to Margaret Mahoney of Fairdale, Kentucky.
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb top round steak, cut into strips
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded, chopped
- 12 scallions, white and light green parts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Cooked rice, optional
- Warm ½ Tbsp oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Season steak with pepper.
- Add half of steak to skillet and stir-fry for 4 minutes, until just brown.
- Remove to a plate; tent with foil.
- Repeat with another ½ Tbsp oil and remaining steak.
- Return reserved cooked steak to skillet.
- Add peppers, scallions, mushrooms, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, and remaining 1 Tbsp oil to skillet.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes, until steak is cooked through and vegetables are lightly browned but still crisp.
- Serve over rice, if desired.