A recipe from the April 2011 issue of All You (original here). The note with the recipe explains, “These delicious treats are best served with a tall glass of milk.” That’s true of most cookies though.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, honey and vanilla.
- Stir in Rice Krispies and oats and allow mixture to cool.
- Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Form mixture into 1-inch balls, then roll each ball in chopped peanuts, pressing to coat.
- Makes 24 cookies.
- Store in refrigerator.