A recipe from the July 2011 issue of All You (original here). The note with the recipe explains, “Simple to make and costing less than 10¢ per serving, dessert does not get any cheaper than this! For variety, you can use a different type of cereal, or swap chopped nuts for the coconut.”
- 2/3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 cups corn flakes, lightly crushed
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Place a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add coconut and toast, stirring constantly, until light golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl; let cool.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring, then remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and cocoa.
- Continue stirring until chocolate chips have melted, then stir in cereal and toasted coconut until well coated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes. Makes 40 cookies.