My friend Lisa introduced me to this great mac and cheese It’s simple and delicious—and you can easily vary it by adding some meat or veggies.
- 1 package (16 oz) spiral pasta
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 4 cups (16 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cream, soup and butter until smooth.
- Stir in the cheese and pasta.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-15 servings.
- Make a spicier version by using Nacho Cheese soup and shredded pepper jack cheese.
- Toss in your favorite meat: browned ground beef or sausage, sliced kielbasa or hot dogs, meatballs, or bacon crumbles. Whatever you like.
- Saute and add some chopped onion and pepper as you brown your meat.
- Cook and add a bag of California Blend veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots) for a cheddar primavera.
Time Required: 3 hours