Want s’mores, but don’t have a campfire handy? This oven-warmed treat is an easy alternative (and a good bit less messy). S’mores Snackin’ Cups, another Girl Scourt recipe, are the twenty-second of my 25 Cookies of Christmas.
- 1 (14-ounce) package graham crackers
- 6 Herskey’s chocolate bars
- ½ (10.5-ounce) bag mini-marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Line two muffin pans with muffin cups, or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the graham crackers into pieces and place a layer in the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Break up the chocolate bars and put a layer on top of the crackers.
- Add another layer of crackers and chocolate.
- Evenly distribute the marshmallows over each muffin cup.
- Bake in preheated oven until the chocolate melts and marshmallows brown slightly.
- Make one giant pan of S’mores by layering treats in a cast iron skillet or pie plate and then baking according to the instructions.
- Substitute Teddy Grahams and chocolate chips for fun alternative.
- For the original campfire version, use a cast iron skillet. Place the skillet in a corner of the campfire, rotating the pan ¼ turn every 3 minutes, until the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows are golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Time Required: 20 minutes
Servings: about 2 dozen