These aren’t exactly the kind of cookie that you typically associate with Paula Deen—they’re sugar-free, and there’s not a stick of butter in sight! I have no idea why the recipe works (where is Alton Brown to explain it?), but it does. The original recipe is available from The Food Network. Magical Peanut Butter Cookies are the twenty-first of my 25 Cookies of Christmas.
- 1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
- 1⅓ cups Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix peanut butter, 1 cup Splenda, egg, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl, combining completely.
- Roll the dough in your hands, into about 1″ balls.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Dip fork in remaining Splenda, and press on balls to create criss-cross design.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Sprinkle cookies with some of remaining Splenda while still warm.
- Cool several minutes on pan before removing (to avoid breaking).