German chocolate cake converted to a cookie. German Chocolate Cookie Bars are the eighteenth of my 25 Cookies of Christmas.
- 1 pkg German chocolate cake mix (any brand)
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 container coconut pecan icing
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream eggs and butter.
- Add cake mix, and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet.
- Press a thumb into each cookie to make an indentation.
- Fill indentation with about a ½ tsp of coconut pecan icing.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack, and store in a tightly covered container.