This simple chicken salad uses ingredients we typically have on hand and makes a nice alternative to your typical lunchmeat sandwiches. Also a great hit at a party with crackers or celery sticks.
- 2 12-oz can chicken breast
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- Combine all ingredients except nuts, and chill.
- If desired, just before serving, stir in nuts.
- Serve with crackers or spread on bread for sandwiches.
- Dijon mustard can be used instead of honey mustard.
- Use light or fat-free mayo and sour cream to cut the calories.
- In addition to (or as substitutes for) the chopped vegetables, try chopped grapes.
- Substitute 1 tsp celery seed and 1 tbsp dried chopped onion for the vegetables. Be sure to allow 4 to 6 hours to chill to ensure the onion softens.
Time Required: 15 mins