Looking for an easy, go-to comfort food? This casserole will do the trick. Easily prepared from ingredients I usually have in the pantry, this satisfying dish always sees family going back for seconds.
- 2 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 2 16 oz. cans chicken breast, drained
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pkg. (12.5 oz.) frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots
- 2 cans (10-3/4 oz.) cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Spray 13 x 9″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine broccoli and carrots in a bowl, and microwave 6 minutes (until thawed and slightly warm).
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Saute onion on medium heat till tender.
- Add drained chicken to the skillet.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup, and allow to simmer.
- Prepare stuffing according to directions on the package.
- Add cooked broccoli and carrots to chicken mixture in skillet. Stir together.
- Spoon prepared stuffing to the skillet and stir together until well mixed.
- Transfer to 13 x 9″ baking dish.
- Bake 40 min.
- Remove from oven and top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Substitute cream of chicken and mushroom soup or cream of mushroom soup, if desired.
- If you have no broccoli, try cauliflower. The end result will not be quite as colorful, but still makes everyone happy.
- After Thanksgiving, create your own variation with leftover turkey and stuffing.
Time Required: 60 mins