The second card in my 25 Holiday Cards Challenge came from a Fiskars page that focused on Piecing Together the Holidays. They’re doing cool and interesting things with punches and stencils, and I decided to see if I could create similar cards in My Digital Studio. The Fiskar’s card used Silver bells, but otherwise, I think I managed to “piece together” a similar card. I especially like the watercolor look I managed with the green background.
Here are the details:
- Background: Real Red Small Polka Dot
- Main image background: Three Square Punches, reshaped into rectangles and layered. The bottom and middle layer are Certainly Celery. On the middle layer, I added a full drop shadow at position 0,0 to give the impression of a slightly darker piece behind it. The top layer is from the Vintage Overlays Designer Series Paper. I think it’s Texture 8.
- Stamp Brush Sets: Leaf from A Cardinal Christmas in Whisper White, and Pine Bough from Lovely as a Tree in Garden Green. Snowflakes is from Best Wishes and More in Garden Green (some 100% opacity and some at 63% opacity)
- Jingle Bells: Homemade Mustard glitter paper with Circle and Square (reshaped) punches in Basic Black to create the lines.
- Embellishment: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and Bow
- Sentiment: Typed in the Bell MT font in Real Red