I used the presents from Jolly Bingo Bits, and added a rectangle punch of Real Red behind to get the two-color effect. I used the Coloring Tool to color in the bow on top to match.
I grouped the present and rectangle before duplicating it to simplify the process. I used the Edit Object command to tweak the X and Y coordinates, so that I could line things up perfectly.
The sentiment is from Sending Glad Tidings. I colored in the holly leaves, cuz no one believes in red holly.
I added a dot of Whisper White on each of the holly berries to give it a little dimension.
This card was pieced together with embellishments from Stampin Up’s Remember The Joy Pocket Cards.
The ornaments on the extreme right and left background have a mirrored, cropped version of the ornament over top to round out the ornament. The original embellishment cropped off both these ornaments.
The ornament background is actually four embellishments tiled to give the effect of a piece of DSP.
The ornament in the lower front left corner has a circle punch filled with a matching color on top.
I know this week’s Simply My Digital Studio Challenge is supposed to be about photography, but I don’t have kids and no one on the Internet needs to see any more photos of my mother’s dog. So instead of three clicks with a camera, I decided the ‘clicks’ could be mouse clicks, and I used embellishments. It’s all “Piece of Cake” paper and embellishments (which may be from a retired CD, oops). I also CASEd the layout from Heather’s MDS scrapbook page for the challenge.
Not quite this week’s Simply My Digital Studio Challenge. I tried to add some zig-zags or stitching, but I don’t have those options. My fault because I don’t want to upgrade and lose the toolbar and media options. Sigh. Now perhaps I’ll be compelled.
I did use ideas from two previous challenges. The cropping challenge: The Ahoy, Matey Ensemble doesn’t include a happy birthday greeting, so I cropped the letters I needed from the text that was there. For instance, the p came from “Walk the plank.”
The repurpose a template challenge: The layout is a resized template from the Bookstagram Photobook. I just dragged in paper rather than photos. Made for a very fast card. I’m thinking of doing one with Christmas paper, and I already made one using the Convention 2013 papers. I can upload that one later when I’m done tweaking it.
I converted the Simply My Digital Studio Challenge (a Facebook group) layout from a scrapbook page to a card layout. All the elements are from This and That Epic Day Embellishments and Designer Series Paper.
This card was so simple I can’t believe it. It was inspired by the most recent challenge in the Simply My Digital Studio Challenges group on Facebook.
It’s an 8″ by 8″ scrapbook page (Be of Good Cheer Kit) converted to a 4.25″ by 5.5″ card. I removed the photo box and stitching (it wasn’t wide enough and pixelated when I stretched it), widened the red ribbon slightly, added a new straight stitching embellishment, and exported it as a JPEG. Then I added that JPEG to a photo box on a new page so that I could add a mat, and, ta-duh, a card. I’m sure this is cheating.