I made this Valentine for the Valentine’s Day Card Swap at the My Stamping Friends Regional Gathering on 2/7/15 in Northern Virginia. The card design was inspired by “Kewl” stamps-n-more’s Hello card made from the Moonlight Paper Stack.
The card is almost entirely made with products from the Occasions Catalog 2015 on a 5 1/2 by 8 1/4 Whisper White Cut & Ready Card Base:
- The piece of Crisp Cantaloupe was cut at 3 1/2 by 5 1/4 and embossed with the Happy Heart Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder.
- The hearts were punched out of the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack with the Sweetheart Punch.
- The sentiment is from You Plus Me and was stamped in Real Red on Whisper White. It was cut out with the 2nd smallest Banners Framelits Die.
- The tape on the side of the Crisp Cantaloupe and the edge of the banner is Stacked with Love Designer Washi Tape.
I used the presents from Jolly Bingo Bits, and added a rectangle punch of Real Red behind to get the two-color effect. I used the Coloring Tool to color in the bow on top to match.
I grouped the present and rectangle before duplicating it to simplify the process. I used the Edit Object command to tweak the X and Y coordinates, so that I could line things up perfectly.
The sentiment is from Sending Glad Tidings. I colored in the holly leaves, cuz no one believes in red holly.
I added a dot of Whisper White on each of the holly berries to give it a little dimension.
This card was pieced together with embellishments from Stampin Up’s Remember The Joy Pocket Cards.
The ornaments on the extreme right and left background have a mirrored, cropped version of the ornament over top to round out the ornament. The original embellishment cropped off both these ornaments.
The ornament background is actually four embellishments tiled to give the effect of a piece of DSP.
The ornament in the lower front left corner has a circle punch filled with a matching color on top.
This card is a conversion from the 12″ x 12″ Vintage Overlays Template for a Scrapbook page, created by using the Change Project Size/Type command under the Edit menu.
I changed the flowers on the original to snowflakes from the Season of Cheer stamp brush set and changed the words to fit the card.
The photo is from Untitled by Ryan Dickey, on Flickr, with color changed to black and white to fit the vintage feel of the card.
I made this Halloween Pillow Box (complete with M&M’s inside) for the 3D Swap at My Stamping Friends Northern Virginia Regional Gathering.
I used a pillow box template I customized from the Folded Friends Designer Template – Digital Download.
The tag is made of the following layers:
- Starburst Framelit in Tangerine Tango
- Circles Collection Framelit in Motley Monsters DSP, from the 2014 Holiday Catalog
- Banner Framelits in Motley Monsters DSP
- Pumpkin and Ghost from Fall Fest Stamp set and Fun Fall Framelits, both from the 2014 Holiday Catalog
- Bitty Banners Framelits, in Whisper White layered on Motley Monsters DSP, and stamped with “boo to you” from the Good Greetings stamp set.
- Basic Black Baker’s Twine and Tangerine Tango Baker’s Twine to tie the tag to the pillow box
Another postcard for our road trip from Virginia to Utah for the Stampin’ Up Convention. Although we had carefully planned our journey last year, we were quite surprised to see this welcome sign for the state of Iowa. We were in the state for only about 30 miles, and I think we spent half that time consulting maps to see if we made an error. It turned out that all was well. We just hadn’t seen that there was a slight diversion into the Hawkeye State.
The background paper and arrow are from the On the Go Kit. The state name is typed with the font CK States, and the “surprise!” at the top is a stamp from Storybook Friends.